D for Dreadful. T for Troll.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You know what's the worst? Studying for a test and just barely passing.  You know what's the best remedy?  Going to the beach!!  You know what is also awesome?  When your biology professor extends an online quiz multiple times for you because you can't figure out the stupid mastering biology website.  You know what else is rad? When your ward dominates at intramural dodgeball.  Although it is horrible when you're the only one left on the court because you can't throw.  I also stayed up a little too late last night watching Community and Stephen Colbert.  Ah, the humor.  It's been quite rainy here the past couple of days so they have been full of movies.  Salt, Taken, The A Team....and Kev-o and GG introduced me to Modern Family which is also hilarious, I think we watched 5 episodes the other night.  Good times.
The other good news: Maggie might apply to come here for a semester! Shelbey is a lucky dog and gets to go to Paris for a study abroad next fall.  I am so happy for her, she is going to have the most incredible experience!
Another item of business, my cousin Courtney turns 16 today. BAH!  She is the absolute coolest, most hilarious, athletic, smart, and beautiful girl I have ever met.  She is the best listener and is always there for me and she is so spiritual.  She is such an incredible example.  I love hanging out with her because she is so adventurous and isn't scared of a darn thing. We love watching movies together and talking.  She laughs at all my jokes and I am so grateful I had a year of school with her. I really want to be like her when I grow up.

Second to last item of business:  I am so thankful to be surrounded by such incredible people.  My family is the absolutely best.  I miss them so much! I have the two best friends in the whole world, they are always there for me.  I can text or call them when it is 4 in the morning Utah time and they respond.  They have been a huge help in my life this past week or so, they keep me sane!  I have met the funniest, nicest, coolest friends here in Hawaii and have been blessed with a super rad roommate.  After listening to Elder Hollands talk in conference, I really just wanted to say thanks!

Last item of business:  Elder Richard G. Scotts talk in conference was the bomb.  I have never thought of faith and character intertwining, but it made complete sense.  A couple of points I loved:
  • Character is not developed in moments of great challenge or temptation...that is when it is intended to be used.
  • "With even your strongest faith, God will not always reward you immediately according to your desires.  Rather, God will respond with what in His eternal plan is best for you, when it will yield the greatest advantage.  Be thankful that sometimes God lets you struggle for a long time before that answer comes.  That causes your faith to increase and your character to grow."
  • Faith in the Savior is a principle of action and Power.
  • We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become.
  • Neither Satan or any other power can destroy or undermine our character...only we can do that through disobedience.
I love conference!
I love Hawaii!
I love school!
I love my family!
I love my friends!
I love Stephen Colbert!
 I love lamp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger