It has been a while since I have actually posted about what is going on in my life. I have been sick and I had a huge test in biology yesterday so to sum things up, I have spent a lot of time coughing and a lot of time in the library. But the good news is, I am feeling good and I did a lot better on my test than I am use to. This is probably very cliche, but, I am extremely thankful for the security that comes in the statement, "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear".
I sometimes feel like I am not taking advantage of all the amazing things there are to do here in Hawaii, which is causing turmoil inside of me because if I'm paying the rent, I best be living it up. There are a few obstacles that are getting in the way of my enjoyment. Commuting is tough, because very few of my friends have cars, my money is scarce, and my time is limited. I keep having to remind myself that I am here for school, not vacation, so, it is ok that I still haven't hiked Stairway to Heaven, gone to any of the surf comps, or jumped off the point. Ok, to be honest, I am feeling very pathetic. Hopefully this all changes very quickly or I may go crazy. You see, Laie is a very small and quiet town. There is nothing to do here except Foodland, which isn't as great or magical as it sounds. The trouble is, there is no way to get out of here. And when it rains, it pours, so unless you know someone with a house, you are stuck in your dorm. It's the best. The bright side is that I do know people with houses and those people have introduced me to some very awesome TV shows. I have mentioned how stellar Community and Modern Family are but let me tell you, nothing compares to Burn Notice. White Collar isn't too shabby either. Thank you Zackham for showing me these two beauties.
I probably sound bitter. I am not. Today I went to the the beach and life really doesn't get any better than that.
I am just wanting a change of scenery.
Or maybe just a break from the rigmarole's of college life.
That'd be very nice.
Next weekend is Thanksgiving break, AWESOME.
I visit home in a month, even more AWESOME.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
leave some love.