Someone asks me to tell them about myself, give them a brief explanation. Simple enough. My name is McKenzie King, I was born in American Fork Utah and lived in Provo Utah for 18 years of my life. I am the middle child, the only girl. I am an international cultural studies major and love life. These are the basics.
Someone asks me to tell them, who I am. I am McKenzie King. The cliche statement that I am a daughter of God is a truth I live by. But is that simple? Is that basic?
Being from a predominately LDS community, I never had to be the one to stand up for what was right. I had it easy, I was part of the group. I never had to turn down drugs or say no to alcohol, but, I constantly had to be saying yes to reading my scriptures, saying my prayers, going to church. These small decisions are the ones that have had made me who I am.
My family and the gospel of Jesus Christ are the two most important things in my life. The Lord has blessed me immensely and I will never be able to thank Him enough for all He has given me. I was born into The Church of Jesus Christ and was raised my parents who, through their examples and teachings, always reminded me of my worth. My dad, a righteous priesthood holder, never let me forget that not only he, but also my Heavenly Father would always be there for me. I was given a mom who I could look up to, someone who sacrificed everything for her children. My parents let me live my life but were always there for me when I needed help or advice. Their examples of love and devotion are a constant reminder of the love my Heavenly Father has for me.
My family and the gospel of Jesus Christ are the two most important things in my life. The Lord has blessed me immensely and I will never be able to thank Him enough for all He has given me. I was born into The Church of Jesus Christ and was raised my parents who, through their examples and teachings, always reminded me of my worth. My dad, a righteous priesthood holder, never let me forget that not only he, but also my Heavenly Father would always be there for me. I was given a mom who I could look up to, someone who sacrificed everything for her children. My parents let me live my life but were always there for me when I needed help or advice. Their examples of love and devotion are a constant reminder of the love my Heavenly Father has for me.
The Lords hand has been eminent in my life. I have seen it in instances such as my acceptance to Brigham Young University Hawaii, my amazing friends, and even the opportunity I had to play varsity tennis in high school. He hears and answers my prayers. He knows that I am a hopeless romantic, He knows that I am indecisive, He knows that I am trying my hardest and he knows the answer to the question “who are you” better than I do.
And I know just like my earthly parents, He will always be there, He will always love me, and that even when I let him down, He will be there to pick me up.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
leave some love.