head banging

Monday, August 1, 2011

i've mulled over the idea of doing some sort of do-it-yourself thing on my blog.  to be honest, the idea frightens me because i don't pride myself in my creative or crafty ways.  but the other day i was at sole boutique and i saw these headbands that were both ridiculously priced and ridiculously cute.  so, today while my mom and i were on one of our thrift store rampages, i picked up the materials.  this headband took me a total of about five minutes and two dollars to make.  


since i am not a fan of taking pictures of myself, this may the best image of the accessory you will get.
i bought an old lace table cloth at DI for fifty cents, cut it up (in a sort of oval shape), tied it in a knot and glued it on to a plain jane, headband.

super cheap, super quick--what any do-it-yourself project should be right?

6 comments:

  1. love the headband, love your hair, and i miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one. you should not be afraid to post diy things because my goodness that is one cute diy headband!

    two. i haaate when you go to places like farmers markets and whatnot and see all sorts of cute things that you know are nowhere near worth the price people are asking for. thank goodness for diy projects. saves us loads of money.

    three. you were at edward sharpe!? i promise you weren't one of the bloggers i saw without saying hi. i'm definitely going to bright eyes and possibly the phantogram one so if you're going to either lets be sure to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just creeped on your blog and i love the fact that you have band of horses on your playlist cause i listen to them too but noone has ever heard of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. McKenzie I love your blog!! Seriously your writing is so entertaining. And that headband is so freaking cute, I'm definitely impressed. I'm also all for the idea of more DIY posts. Judging by that headband, you've got all kinds of cute projects up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute headband! I just made a headband recently too but it was way more complicated and looks the same as yours. So I'm going your route next time! I love it! And I'm especially in love with it because it's lace. :]

    ReplyDelete

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger