the big time

Monday, November 11, 2013

I threw the towel over my shoulder and grabbed my surfboard from the bed of the truck.  I walked briskly up the back stairs and into my house.  I was thankful that the back door had been left open, it meant that I didn't have to juggle opening the door while holding my bulky board.  I set her in the corner of the living area and ran into the bathroom where I ripped the cold wet-suit off of my body and pulled the sticky hair out of my face.  It's winter in Hawaii which means I have seen more rain than sun this past week.  The thought of a warm bath seemed inviting and comforting.  As I stood in the shower, hot water against my back, I seemed to be hyper-aware of my surroundings-- the spider crawling on the ceiling, the linoleum peeling off of the shower wall, the rust on every razor, and the sand which had never fully been washed down the drain.  Every little detail made me thankful for this place I have called home.  

The thick steam enveloped me and just as the taste of salt water and soap reached my lips, I began having flashbacks.  Flashbacks to so many of the memories which have accumulated over the past three years.  Memories of love, God, sun, heartbreak, bike rides, reef cuts, and rainstorms.  Every memory leading me to where I stood.  Leading me to today.  Leading me to where I am going.  

2 comments:

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger