We the people of the United States...like to party?

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I love the 4th of July!! On Friday my family and I went to the Oakley Rodeo which was stellar. It was so beautiful and the weather was heavenly. I have never been to a rodeo before and it was tight. New tradition for the family.
On Saturday I watched the Stadium of Fire Fireworks with my awesome friends from Provo High. I always have so much fun with them. They are hilarious. Sunday night, I hung out with them on the parade route and what a hoot. It was without a doubt the craziest celebration I have ever been too. University Avenue was packed. People were smoking, lighting off illegal fireworks, riding bikes, drinking, camping, blasting music, climbing up lamp posts, listening to B-Money rap, hitting up 7-11, and just making strait up mayhem. It was so fun. I took no part in any of the illegal activities but I think at some point the cops just gave up because it was ridiculous. If anyone wanted to sneak into the BYU stadium, that would've been the night to do it.
Yesterday, we had the annual BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa Kings which is always so tasty and then after that I watched the movie Shutter Island. Which was a way good but confusing movie.
I love how the celebration of the 4th lasted 3 days this year. I love America. I am so blessed to live here. I love the beauty and the freedoms we have. I am so thankful for those who are willing to fight for our freedoms and for the freedoms of others. Although there are a lot of corrupt things happening in our country at this moment, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! U.S.A.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger