nailed em'.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ok, so now that this long journey of being a criminal has finally come to an end, I can give the whole story of my conviction without worrying my little head off.
May 8th was just like any other normal day. I woke up, went to the temple, got ready, went to Borders with Trent, Porter, and Shelbey and as I was in the middle of making my mom's Mother's Day gift, I got a call from Marcus Smith. To be honest, I blatantly ignored it. Approximately 10 seconds later, I received a call from Corbin Rumsey. I was baffled as to why I was receiving a call from him that late in the evening so I answered. I was even more confused when I heard Marcus' voice on the other end. They were together at Will's Pit stop and before I knew it they were on their way to my house. Shelbey and I hopped into Marcus' car and without even thinking twice, we were on our way to the Brigham Young University Lavell Edward's Stadium. Sneaking into the stadium was something Corbin and I had wanted to do before we turned 18 so we thought we would give it a shot. The one mistake being, I had turned 18 the week prior to this escapade and he had only been 18 for a couple weeks. In a matter of seconds we were over the fence and into the stadium. Mission accomplished. We played tag for a bit and were on our way out when out of the darkness came a voice yelling at us to stop. We immediately started running. WE WERE SO STUPID. I will be the absolute first to admit that. The voice continued to yell at us, they said they were the police so, we stopped. I was terrified but, who else can say they wet themselves on the 50 yard line, eh, eh? Nobody. That's right.
They walked us over to their car and by 10:30 that night we were cited with a misdemeanor trespassing violation and were being taken home in a cop car. Our court date was set for June 24th and we were told the judge would "slap our hands" and we would be sent on our way. Shelbey was contacted by the honor code office and was given the task to chose 10 legal activities she could've been doing with friends instead of trespassing. We thought we had gotten off easy....yet did we know!
At the beginning of June we were contacted by the Police department and were informed that our court date had been changed to the 15th of July and we would now need to go and get pictured and have our fingerprints taken. OH BOY!!....our lucky day. Corbin was out of town the 15th so he received permission to change his to August 5th. Shelbey and I appeared in court on the 15th only to be told to come back August 5th in order to receive legal council. At this point, I had become a nervous wreck. A class misdemeanor (failure to stop at the command of a law officer) could result in a fine of up to 4 thousand and something dollars. How on earth was I suppose to pay that?! I contacted Brother Leavitt and he agreed to help us. What a saint. On August 5th Shelbey, Corbin and I appeared in court and with Brother Leavitt's expertise the prosecutor dismissed the Class A charges against us and gave us a 6 month plea in abeyance. WOOT. Which means as long as I do not do anything illegal for 6 months, the charges will be dropped and will not go on my record. WOOT. I had to pay a $150 dollar fine which was the pits. But, that is so much better than 4,000 dollars! I am so relieved to be done with this whole ordeal. I hope I never have to go back to the 4th District Municipal Court or the police station again, the people there aren't exactly my type of people.
Lesson learned: I am one stupid teenager.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger