uuuuhhhh-huh.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I feel bad for all of those who read my blog (I like to pretend people actually do read it) that are getting sick of reading my journal...this is the only record I am going to have of my life right now so, deal with it.

I have officially survived my first full week of college!! What a party.  I really am loving it here.  I am meeting such wonderful people and I really love all my classes.  For some reason it feels like I have been here for ages when in actuality, I've only just reached over two weeks.  It has flown by.  I have yet to get home sick but I really do miss my home and family.  I miss being able to drive, I miss my moms cooking, I miss my bed, I miss being so close to every member of my extended family, I miss Spoon Me, I miss Spark, I miss BYU football, I miss having my own room, and a clean shower, I miss being able to straighten my hair, I miss air conditioning, I miss TV, and I miss the mall.  But with that, there are millions of things that I love here: I love being on my own, I love my new friends, I love my classes, I love walking everywhere, I love the beach, I love the weather, I love my roommate, I love eating fruit, I love being tan, I love not having constant access to a TV, I love always being on the go, I love meeting new people, I love making fun of people, I love the temple, I love the PCC, everything is just so fantastic here!

Last night Corbin and I went to the woman's volleyball game and I almost died laughing making fun of Chaminade's coach...she was extremely manly.  Butch, to say the least.  Our volleyball team thrashed them and it was fun to see the mens soccer team pull off a win the other day against them as well.  I have had fun this week with intramural tennis tournaments and each week I look forward to Latino Club!!

 Corbs is lucky 'cause he get's to go home to the mainland this week for soccer, so he get's to see his family and eat good food.  I am so jealous...I get to eat barf at the cafeteria and talk to my family on the phone.  The lucky son of a gun.

Who knew it was Fast Sunday today?...Not me.  My mom sent me a package this week so I have been snacking on cookies all morning.  My mom rocks!  If I close my eyes, I can imagine I am in my kitchen back at home but then, when I open them I have to deal with the harsh reality that I am in my tiny dorm room 3,000 miles away from home and her home-cooked goodness.

Life is rough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger