i'm the map.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

i really do wish i could classify myself as talented when it comes to crafty things but, alas i am no genius.
but, i pulled it together today and made this beauty.


i am sure you are wondering how in the heck i come up with awesome projects like this...well, i don't.  i just have super creative friends.

and don't be fooled, this may look oh-so-complicated but, all i did was cover a cork board with a map.
piece of cake.

the best thing about this DIY project is that you can make it super personal.  all you need is a map of your favorite country, city, state, or place you have been and then go from there.  you can also get creative with the size of cork board which makes it even more artsy-farsty. 

however, if you're going to give it a whirl here are some tips:
  • iron the map before you apply it
  • use only a small amount of glue or it will seep through the map
  • be careful covering the edges, as the map lays tighter, the paper may rip
  • apply the map to the board in sections and smooth the map as you go
doing projects like this gets me super stoked to one day design my own home and it makes me extremely thankful for young woman's activities where i learned how to apply modge-podge.

2 comments:

  1. definitely artsy fartsy.
    I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cool. I'm making one soon! I just have to figure out what I want my map of! Also, I was reading your blog name today and I'm super dumb. I kept being confused that it said Ire Play it in the Back of my Mind. I finally figured out that it's I replay it in the back of my mind and it makes a lot more sense. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger