the cold ground

Sunday, January 15, 2012

there is a thrill so real and powerful that comes from living near the ocean.  the salt water gives me an exhilaration that i will never feel elsewhere.  but, as i have spent my time living thousands of miles away from home i have realized where my heart lies.  i am a mountain girl.  the red rock, the clear starry nights, the towering mountains, rolling hills, the wildlife, and trees that reach endlessly toward the sky are my lifeline.  they give me the freedom and independence a girl needs.  i don't know if i'll ever be able to love a man the way i love the great-outdoors.  we are all products of our environments and mine just happens to be mule rides, tents, hiking boots, mosquito bites, and dirt underneath my fingernails.
  
{images via}

14 comments:

  1. nature is beautiful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! looks like alot of fun. your descriptive words made me feel like i was actually there. :) i hope you have a great week!

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are my type. love the outdoors. hope your weekend continues to be good (:

    southernpinky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Havasu is an amazing place to see. Did you get to visit it before the flash flood changed it or after?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING the pictures!! So gorgeous!! Your blog is too cute! New reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean but feel the opposite :) When I lived in Utah I loved the mountains, and open space, but there is just something so special about being close to the ocean for me. I guess it is what I grew up loving. Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I have the wanderlust itch bad lately. Need. To. Explore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo pretty. You're making me want to travel a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love!!<3

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. :) im now following you!! follow me?? (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is beautiful! I wish I lived near water. I have friends that live near the water in Jersey and they swear, they could never live anywhere else that didn't have water. I can only dream about how amazing that must be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your writing is beautiful.
    I am following you now.
    Thanks for your compliment on my blog.
    If you don't follow already- stop back by and follow. :)
    Love,
    Ky
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. God's creation is so beautiful! Though I'm much, much more of a city girl..these photos inspire me to go camping! [or maybe just a walk..] Last night i stopped in Salt Lake on my way home from NY for a layover..i want to visit for realsies someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing photos you feature on your blog

    thanks for visiting my blog, i do hope you return soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so beautiful! i agree, though i live near the salt water and think its beautiful, my heart resonates much more with the mountains and lakes

    ReplyDelete

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger