someone i'm related to

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

in third grade my cousin ashley was asked to write a paper on someone she was related to, naturally she chose martin luther king jr.  we do in fact share the same last name, so why not?  i wonder what life would be like if we all could see the world through the naive, pure, and loving eyes of an eight year old.  i suppose skin color and race don't matter much at all.  so for today, i am thankful for martin luther king jr. and his placement in my family tree.  not only did he brake down so many of the barriers built by bricks of hatred and prejudice, he gave me a day off from school and what a wonderful day it was.

11 comments:

  1. McKenzie. King.
    Thank you for your sweet comment on my random blog. You're so sweet.
    Your blog is pretty swell. I think I shall follow.

    Adios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you realize that every time you post a picture of the beach it makes me long to be in hawaii with you? i swear if you post five more i'm going to have to hop on a plane and move in with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to be there. now! (:

    you and your thoughts are so cute.

    southernpinky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, that is so adorable! and so very true! i wish that we could all have that!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post! I don't think I saw any other blog acknowledge this day. I already love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found your blog! you are too cute!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words, great pic! I so wish I was on a beach right now…and all the nows thereafter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog, it's so cute. The end xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. pahaha.
    Hilarious. That is so cool that you're related to him now :)

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger