A week ago, I could have never said that. Tears literally came to my eyes as I sat on the metro 1000s of miles away from my home and watched one of the most amazing scenes play out. It was the first time a women has ever preached to me, "Christ is risen, He is the Lord. God loves you!" How cool is that? We may not share the same religion, but we share the knowledge that Christ is risen and that God loves us! I don't know if I could ever have the courage to stand up in front of a crowd of strangers and preach that! Go her. Across from me sat on older man who sat and smiled at this women, admiring her courage and perhaps, like me, agreeing with the knowledge she was sharing. Down the isle a teenage boy was playing his guitar and singing. By the door stood a young couple, hopeless romantics. An older couple sat just down from them. The angry old man grumbled as the teenage boy walked past strumming his guitar but was calmed by the touch of his wives hand and the words she spoke. I don't know why it hit me so hard and especially in that manner, but how amazing? God loves us! The teenage lovers who couldn't stand being in a cramped home anymore. The smiling man with the mustache, heading home from a long day's work. The old couple, the man laden with years of hardship, his wife who always calmed his troubles with words in a language I wouldn't understand and all of them have seen or heard stories of their country falling into the hands of communism, only to fall out again into a pile of poverty and confusion.
On the top of my bucket list: travel the world. There is so much to see, so much to learn. Despite the war and hatred that surrounds us, for the most part, people are good. They do what they know to be best. And, despite our differences: our race, religion, and our beliefs, God loves us.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
leave some love.