And So It Goes....

Sunday, April 18, 2010

You learn lessons from every situation. EVERY SITUATION. I think sometimes the only reason we expereince things, is to learn a freaking "lesson".  Whether it is patience, faith, hope, perserverance, blah, blah, blah...as the saying goes "we live and learn".  But you see, sometimes, I get super sick of learning.  I just want things to happen my way, when I want them to.  How hard is that? Super-duper hard, I guess...

But then, when I take a step back and really look at the situation, I become so thankful for the experience and what I have learned.  It always seems to happen like that. ALWAYS.  If there is one thing I know in my life without any question, it is that God knows so much more than we do.  He sees the whole entire picture. He knows that what would have made me happy 2 years ago, would make me even happier today.  We are so blind!

 One of my favorie scriptures is found in Matthew chapter 7.  It says, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you...For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened....Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

Heavenly Father will give us what is best for us, if we just ask!  That doesn't mean he won't try our faith or test our patience, but what comfort! I have learned so many of these "lessons" in my life and I am so thankful for each one of them and what they have taught me.  Life is full of suprises and life is continually changing.  If you would have told me my freshman year that when I was a senior my two best friends would be Maggie Dorrough and Shelbey Ballantyne, I wouldn't have beleived you.  If you would have told me I would play on the varsity tennis team, I wouldn't have believed it.  If you would have told me that I would have traveled Europe, be going to BYU Hawaii, and have actually adjusted to the Edgemont 1st ward, I would've laughed.  If you would have told me that I would one day be friends with Megan Conley, I would have looked at you like you were crazy.

You never know what tomorrow will bring.

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
President Gordon B. Hinckley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger