just around the corner..

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer brings two of my favorite things.
My excitment can't be contained.

Lake powell: I have gone to Lake Powell every year of my life since I was 3.  I love going with my cousins.  I love how much fun we have together.  I love being lazy, doing nothing but swim, ski, and sunbathe.  I love our Mexican Train sessions and watching Brian Reagan and School of Rock (multiple times in a day).  I love cliff jumping and taking boat rides to the marina to get ice cream.  I love hiking around and attempting to catch lizards.  I love eating non stop.  I love when my Aunt Nicole would braid our hair.  I love when we spend hours each day going off the slide.  I loved when my cousins the Stuarts come with us.  I love making sand ditches.  I love staying up late to look at the stars and waking up to the sun in the morning.  I love when it rains and we are all huddled inside the houseboat.  I love "showering" at night because it's the only time of day we are allowed to swim without life jackets.  I love driving down the channel and waving at other boats. I love the 7 hour drive and when we use to stop at Hole-in-the-Rock gas station.  I love blasting STYX, Def Leppard, and Journey. I love when my dad acts like he is my age.  I love the Indian ruins and Rainbow Bridge.  I love Antelope Point, Bullfrog, and Wahweap.  I love the excitement of loading the houseboat.  I love how sunburned we all leave.  I love how Trevor always attempts to catch fish. I love the sunset.  I love my uncle Kevin and how he cannonballs off the slide. I love wakeboarding.  I love competing with my brothers.  I love eating bagels, cereal, and muffins every morning.  I love when Trevor kills mice.  I love the patatoe gun. I love the cheer-offs we have had with other boats. I love swimming in the middle of the channel when we are looking for a place to camp.
 I LOVE LAKE POWELL!
    Camping: When I was in second grade, we bought a trailer. About a year later the Kevin King family bought one, and then the Scott King family. Ever since then camping has become a lifestyle.  We go every year to a campground in Duchesne called Yellowpine and for all I know that may be what Heaven is like.  It is beautiful.  I love biking. I love when we look for dear and elk.  I love hiking.  I love Dutchoven food.  I love having no reason to look good.  I love Ray from Rooselet.  I love Moe and Sadie.  I love walking on the nature path.  I love getting clean on Saturday night so that we can go to church the next morning.  I love my Uncle Kevin's "light" dance (...1...2...3...4), I love having no access to technology, I love the quiet.  I love getting ready for bed.  I love sitting around a campfire for hours.  I love chopping down trees and gathering wood.  I love tinfoil dinners.  I love Mac's Inn.  I love jumping off "the bridge", I love going swimming at the condo's, I love tubing down the river, I love being with my Sanders cousins.  I love my mom's brothers and sisters. I love my grandpa and how he use to make up plays for us to act out...Reginal Meanie?...I love doing crafts. I love going to West Yellowstone and seeing a play. I love hiking to the rapids.  I love when Brandt tries to throw us in the river.  I love watching movies outside. I love having the whole family together.  I LOVE MY FAMILY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger