I love college.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Today has been absolutely crazy. The best feeling is that I got everything I needed done. Today was a success.

TB test...CHECK.
Drop Music 101...CHECK.
Student ID...CHECK.
Pay tuition...CHECK.
Endless hours of student orientation...CHECK.
Buy books...CHECK.
Buy scuba gear...CHECK.
Get mail box...CHECK.
Talk to family on Skype...CHECK.

Go to the beach...CHECK.
Actually get ready...CHECK.
Subway run...CHECK.
Foodland run (twice)...CHECK.
Walk around the temple...CHECK.

And as not-like-me as this sounds, I am getting excited for classes to start. Tonight was my last summer night. Tomorrow, my last day to sleep in. We get to go to the PCC tomorrow, have a luau, and go the night show at the PCC so I am stoked. I also am going snorkeling at a place called Sharks Cove with some of the guys from the soccer team. Hecks ya, this is the life. I am making really good friends and I am loving that I've started to recognize faces so I don't have as many introductions.
On a spiritual note: Today at our orientation, we were singing "I Am A Child of God"...in the past when I have heard the line, "...and he has sent me here..." I've thought of it as earth, which I think is what it was intended for...but, it hit me that He has sent me here. And I am so thankful He has. I know this is where I am suppose to be. President Wheelright was telling us that statistically it is harder to get into BYUH that into Harvard. WOW. I am so fortunate. I am still so stoked about this opportunity and am so thankful to my parents who have made it possible for me to be here!
President David O. McKay said, "This school is going to produce men and women who cannot be bought of sold...From this school will go men and women whose influence will be felt for good towards the establishment of peace internationally."
Basically, this rocks.

1 comments:

  1. Making myself late to work to read your blog?? Check.

    I just had to say, because I might forget to say this to you in person/Skype: I can't get over the beauty and simplicity of this place called "Foodland". You'll never been confused at what they sell. Why don't they have, like, NickJonasLand???

    ReplyDelete

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger