the positive outlier

Thursday, December 22, 2011

These past couple of days have been full of deep thought.  On Wednesday morning my dear friend Melanie Kau passed away.  My mom came into my room, in tears to tell me the news.  I was in shock and I still am.  It surpasses all my understanding why the Lord would take such a beautiful women from this earth at this time-- leaving behind a husband and four children.  
It's been hard to watch her endure all she has.  Life is so fragile and our bodies are so imperfect but, she fought and she "endured till the end" in faith.  
As I have taken the time to reflect upon the birth, life, atonement, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I am filled with hope.  I can't imagine the pain the Kau family is going through but it comforts me to know that the Lord had a plan for Melanie and that He has a plan for each and everyone of us.  Because of the life the Savior lived, we will live again and because of His plan, our families can be together forever. 
It's so beautiful.

There is a line from the christmas carol "Oh Holy Night" that has been playing on repeat in my head:

"A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices. For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!"

We all will face trials in this life and we will all go through dark and sorrowful times.
But, the greatest peace comes from knowing that because of Christ, there will always be a new day, a "glorious morn".

I have a testimony of the reality of the living Christ.
I have felt his love, comfort, and peace.  I know he lives.

"Because He came, there is meaning to our mortal existence.   Because He came, we know how to reach out to those in trouble or distress, wherever they may be.  Because He came, death has lost its sting, the grave its victory.  We will live again because He came.   Because He came and paid for our sins, we have the opportunity to gain eternal life."
Thomas S. Monson

7 comments:

  1. When we were sealed the sealer told us to always remember the third verse of O Holy Night.

    I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It's so nice to know what "is next" even if it does still hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it perfect. Thanks for being such a great friend to kalani. She sure loves you! Melanie will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your friend. Keep your head up and be happy that she lived as long as she did! From that blog, it seemed like she was a crazy happy and positive loving person and that's all you could ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so hard, I'm really sorry about her death. I read that post about her and she sounded like an incredible and inspiring woman. I send you my love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how sad, but through those words much comfort can be given. Losing a loved one is always tough but how lucky we are to understand that we can see them again.

    ReplyDelete

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger