On Seeking Adventure

Monday, January 20, 2014

This past summer was life changing and I can't adequately express how I have grown because of the experiences I had.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about the memories which were made. My heart aches to return to the cobble-stone streets of Europe--where vendors sale their crepes, gelato and postcards.  I dream of taking long train rides and visiting castles and cathedrals.  But, it isn't the architecture, art, or baguettes and pastries that influence my longing-- It is the people.

I long to sit with these familiar faces, talk story and share experiences with them.  I long for adventure--not only of the body or mind but of the spirit and heart.  I crave the type of escapades that make me a better person and open my eyes to new perspectives and ideas.  As I search for these moments, I realize adventure is all around me: a drive up the canyon, a quiet conversation with a friend, reading a book, or developing a new talent.  I've have also come to understand that there is a certain beauty and joy that can only come from searching for these times of growth and excitement. 

Whatever the adventure is, I will always seek it.  Wherever the adventure is, I will always find it.



6 comments:

  1. these pictures are stunning. i'm ache for adventures as well. living life, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niken! I'm glad that you enjoyed these photos and that you always read my blog. It means a lot to me. :)

      Delete
  2. you're so cool. seriously though i aspire to be you and taylor rippy monson mixed into one being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so nice!! I wish I could be you- Miss Jerusalem vibes and soon to be married women. Love you!

      Delete
  3. so well put, and great pics to go with!

    ReplyDelete

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger