I know I talk about this a lot but, today it really, REALLY hit me. After sending in my housing contract, signing up for my classes and looking at flight prices...BAM, just like a ton of bricks, in less than 3 months I will be miles away from home. Miles away from my hilarious brothers, miles away from my protective parents, miles away from home cooked meals. Miles away from my amazing grandparents, my cousins, my bed, my best friends. I am scared. I will me miles away from my comfort zone. No more spending Sunday nights on my grandparents porch, laughing with my brothers as we clean up after dinner, I won't even be home for Thanksgiving. I am so excited, yet so terrified. I know I am suppose to be there, without a doubt in my mind. Today as I watched a video about the campus and heard the quote by David O. McKay "..from this school, will go men and women whose influence will be felt for good toward the establishment of peace internationally" I had tears in my eyes. Now as I think about not being there for Ryan's basketball season or seeing Trevor get pumped for the deer hunt, I have tears in my eyes because I can not express how much I will miss them and everything else that I have loved about home for the past 18 years of my life! It's all part of growing up and I can't wait for the experiences I am going to have but i'm freaking out.
I feel bad even comparing this to a mission but I admire the courage missionaries have so much more now. They leave there homes knowing they can't call home when they get homesick or Skype to see their families faces. Holy freak, what faith and courage.
I keep telling people that, "September 10th can't come soon enough." But right now, time can slow down. You know what they say, "home is where the heart is."
0 comments:
Post a Comment
leave some love.