Brimming with Joy

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I've been holding my thoughts in for a while--not necessarily out of fear or sadness but, rather because I haven't known exactly how to put them into words.

Right now, I should be studying for a mid-term but, I am avoiding it.  All I want to do is bask in the happiness and sunshine that has been surrounding me.  I read a quote by Neal A. Maxwell the other day and I have thought about it a lot recently.  In his talk "Brim With Joy" he says that, "Within each of our circles of friendship there lie so many unused opportunities to love, to serve, and to be taught. Indeed, one could apply the scriptural phrase about there being 'enough and to spare' (D&C 104:17). None of us ever fully utilizes the people-opportunities allocated to us within our circles of friendship. You and I may call these intersectings 'coincidence.' This word is understandable for mortals to use, but coincidence is not an appropriate word to describe the workings of an omniscient God. He does not do things by 'coincidence' but instead by 'divine design.'"

I know that my life is being guided by the Spirit and that the Lord is watching out for me.  I feel His love in the rain, the sun-rays, and the movement of the ocean.  I can't adequately express my gratitude for my roommates, my family, my friends, and my Savior.  

I look forward in anticipation for the future.  I am excited for the growth, the progression and knowledge that is coming my way.


“There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”


CS Lewis.


1 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously, I read this talk a few nights ago and I fell in love with it. So glad you love it too and thanks for your testimony/insights. I really appreciate reading uplifting blogs like yours!

    ReplyDelete

leave some love.

calendar girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger